this is a test post.
I’d use flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, basil, and chives for the salad, but you can use any combination of your favorite herbs. Serve with lemon slices, if you like.
- 4 (6-ounce) trout fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Score skin side of fish. Sprinkle fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add fish, skin side down, to pan; cook 4 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn fish over; cook 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
2. Combine herbs, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, juice, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Serve salad over fish.